Is it just us or does it seem like nursery decor has become less about the pink or blue and more about having a unique (still adorable and kid friendly) design? Well, this dinosaur mobile on our baby blog today is the perfect nursery DIY to add that little something special to your baby’s room! With Toy dinosaurs and shapes spray painted gold, this mobile will be the focal point of the nursery! Want to see more on how to create this cute piece?! Check it out on Momtastic or watch the video here!
What You Need:
- 4 plastic toy dinosaurs
- wooden shapes
- craft ring (usually used for wreaths and available at craft stores)
- hot glue gun
- string (both sewing string and a thicker string to hang from the mobile)
- gold spray paint
1. Spray Paint the wooden shapes and toy dinosaurs with gold spray paint.
2. Cut 4 strings equal length (about 18 in.) and arrange the wooden shapes in a vertical pattern you like.
3. Hot glue the shapes together with the string in between and let dry. We used four shapes per string.
4. String the shape strings through the craft ring through every other hole and knot.
5. Tie a loop of sewing string around the body of each toy dinosaur. Then, knot the white string around the sewing string in order to suspend the dinosaurs. Do this for all 4 dinosaurs.
6. String the 4 strings of dinosaurs through the remaining 4 holes in the craft ring and knot the strings on the inside of the ring.
7. Take four more strings and make them the desired length of where the mobile will hang. Tie these strings through the same holes as the dinosaurs, but around the outside of the ring.
Just hang the new mobile above your baby’s crib and enjoy!
3 responses to “Nursery DIY: Gold Dinosaur Mobile”
this is so adorable! Keeping it in mind for some baby inspiration for the future!
So cute for a boy or a girl!
I love this!!! Such a sucker for gold.