One of our all-time favorite fall activities is baking. It is stress-relieving and provides a tasty treat that the whole family enjoys. No matter the pastry you decide to bake, it is hard to go wrong. Someone might even find their new favorite recipe. With brownies, cookies, pumpkin bread, or muffins, the baking options are endless. It is even hard to narrow it down to just one recipe to share. That being said, today on the blog we are sharing with you a delicious gluten-free muffin recipe that you can try this fall!
Image via Test Kitchen
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to1 Baking Flour* (9 3/4 ounces / 275 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (4 ounces/ 113 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (6 ounces/ 170 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (4 ounces / 150 grams)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 15 muffins cups or line them with paper liners.
- Whisk together the flour blend with the baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and granulated sugar. Beat on medium-low speed until thick. With the beater still running, add the eggs. Beat until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed. Mix until thick. Stop the mixer and add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until a thick batter forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a rubber spatula.(If you are using frozen or cold blueberries, the batter will get VERY thick. This is totally normal.)
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans. Fill each cavity about 2/3 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar. (The sugar topping is optional.)
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This gluten-free muffin recipe is perfect for a yummy breakfast treat, or even just to make for fun. Maybe even make an entire adventure about it by finding a place to discover your own fresh blueberries. The whole family will appreciate your baking skills. We can promise you that!