For us, summer comes with a heavy dose of downtime at the beach/pool/lake, travel and social engagements. So whether you’re embarking on a road trip, catching a flight out of town, or hanging out poolside, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite healthy on-the-go snacks we can throw in our bags to satisfy our hunger. P.S. these also make for the perfect afternoon pick-me-up at the office and are even great options for your kids as they head back to school!
1. Marcona Almonds: If you haven’t had marcona almonds yet, walk… better yet, run! to your nearest grocery store. Hailing from Spain, they are softer and smaller than traditional almonds. We find these at Whole Foods and Costco, but our favorites are from Trader Joe’s – the rosemary and truffle flavors are killer! Plus, they come in small packs, easy to toss in your purse or beach bag.
2. Chia Pod: We love chia seed pudding, but confession – we don’t always have the time or ingredients to make these ourselves! So when we’re in a pinch, we like to pick up these Chia Pods to enjoy. The Vanilla Bean and Dark Cacao hit the spot every time, but truth be told – you can’t go wrong with any of their flavors!
3. Justin’s Nut Butters packs: One of our favorite nut butter brands, Justin’s, launched squeeze packets! It doesn’t get much better than having a pack of almond, peanut, or cashew butter at your disposal at all times. Add it to an apple, crackers or a piece of dark chocolate and voilà – perfect snack!
4. Flackers: When we need a crunch with our hummus or cheese, Flackers are our go-to! Made from FlaxSeed, these “crackers” are low in carbs, high in fiber, and made with simple ingredients. And they come in a variety of flavors; our favorites are the original sea salt, and rosemary! They also made for a great salad topping!
5. That’s It Fruit Bars: Our favorite thing about these bars? They’re made with just fruit… That’s It! With no added sugars, preservatives or weird words you can’t pronounce, they are great way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
6. Bulletproof Bar: Bars can be a bit tricky – most end up having a lot of added sugar for such a small serving! So when we read the ingredients and tried theseBulletproof Bars, we knew we found a winner. They taste great, keep us satisfied and are easy to eat while on the go.
7. Siete Chips: Chips and guac or chips and salsa may be the epitome of the perfect snack. Salsa and guac are health snacks, but add in the chips, and there goes that theory. Well don’t worry – we’re here to save your day. Enter: Siete Tortilla Chips. Made with cassava and almond flour, and cooked in avocado oil – these tasty chips are your new best friend.
What are your favorite healthy snacks?