Some days fly by while others seem to drag on. What can you be doing to feel good about each work day and what you’ve accomplished? This is a good question to ask yourself on a regular basis. Don’t just let the day happen to you – make the day happen! Here are 10 ways to beat the afternoon slump and keep your mind, body and to do’s on track. These tips will help you stay focused throughout the day and feel good about it when it’s done.
1. Use a task management system like Evernote to ensure you have a place to keep things organized for various projects and nothing falls through the cracks.
2. Keep your desk clean and organized. A disorganized workspace is distracting! Follow these 5 tips for organizing your office if you need help!
3. Have a good playlist that you can retreat to when you need to ‘get in the zone’ and be extra productive. This always makes a big project more enjoyable and the day go by quicker. Having your favorite music playing in the background can also improve your mood and focus.
4. Make sure to take breaks throughout the day. Breaks don’t have to be long – they can even be a walk around the block. You can become sluggish from sitting at a desk all day and you need these to keep your body alert.
5. Have something planned for after work, whether it’s a workout class, dinner with a friend, or just some restful TV time by yourself. That way you have something to look forward to and you will be more motivated to stay on track and get all your work done so you can have a stress free evening.
6. Time your day out. Designate a certain amount of time for each task and move on even if you don’t finish it completely, you can always go back to it! (Unless of course it’s time sensitive).
7. Do one thing at a time! Set aside time to go through your emails, but block off separate time to complete other tasks. If you’re constantly checking your inbox, it’s easy to get distracted and it’s hard to finish more important projects and tasks.
8. Give yourself little things to look forward to throughout the day. When you finish each task, get up, stretch, go for a walk, grab lunch. Even the smallest things will give you small enough time windows to set your sights on a goal and get it accomplished!
9. Nothing beats self-empowered motivation. Remind yourself the positive points about yourself, everyday.
10. Try to eat healthy snacks and lunches. Swap out chips for fruits, and sodas for lemon-infused water. And test out these tips for a healthier work week as a whole! If your body feels good, you’ll feel good!
xo, Leila Lewis, WeddingPR