Are you as pale as we are after a very gray May? Or just looking to amp up your summer glow? Gone are the days of streaky self-tanners with a very orange tint (Hallelujah!). Now, the self tanning products out there are better than ever and give you that sun-kissed color you want this summer without the harmful UV rays. So slather on the SPF and get your tan from one of our favorite self tanning lotions, mousses, or drops.
1. Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops – Orange you glad you don’t have to have a fake tan that looks like it? While none of these self tanners will give you that unwanted coloring, a lot of self-tanning products still have that recognizable scent, which is why we love these buildable tanning drops. You mix them with your own moisturizer so they end up smelling like your favorite lotion’s scent. Plus, they are all natural and great to use on your face as well, which mean they are our new fave. We could go on…
2. St. Tropez Classic Bronzing Mousse & Mitt – We’ll never stray from our tried & true St. Tropez mousse. But be sure to use a mitt! If you do, you’ll achieve that all over “Just spent weeks on a yacht in St. Tropez” glow, tan lines not included.
3. Jergens Instant Sun Moisturizing Lotion – We love this self-tanning option from Jergens (our budget-friendly go-to) because it instantly gives you the color you want. This way, there’s no waiting game when you have last minute plans, or decide to wear the dress instead of the pants but are a little pasty. The tan goes on right away and then continues to develop and mimics your skin’s natural color, but, you know, darker.
4. Balibody Face Tan Water – Our skin can be extra sensitive so we don’t really like using our bodily self-tanning products on our faces, which is why we love that this formula is specific to facial use. Plus, it doesn’t go on bronze, but takes effect gradually, so you aren’t walking around with an unnatural color that doesn’t match the rest of your body.
5. BaliBody Self Tanning Mousse – This brand has a cult following for a reason. They know how to get you as tan and glowy as all the Instagram models—let’s face it, who doesn’t want to look like that without a filter? Their self tanning mousse has epic before and afters, and definitely deserves a slot in your beauty cabinet.
4. Maui Babe Browning Lotion – If you have never tried the classic Maui Babe, you are missing out! It’s a beach bag staple that we swear by! Lather it on when for instant color that will help you develop a natural tan while you’re in the sun.
5. Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse – Try this mousse from Loving Tan for another immediate tan option that develops into richer, deeper color over the course of a few hours. It smells great and looks even better. Plus, you get a free watermelon beach towel if you buy it in June!
What self tanning products do you swear by? Tell us in the comments below so we can give them a try!