We all know, everyone’s favorite part of a party is the photobooth! Well we have the easiest makeshift photobooth backdrop for you to set up at your next event, guaranteeing the satisfaction and entertainment of all your guests! Better yet.. it’s all Gold and GLITTERY! (because these are our 2 favorite colors.. obvi!)! But if gold isn’t your thing, you can achieve this look with any color confetti! Not only is this DIY easy, but it’s fun too! We can’t lie, there may have been an excess amount of confetti throwing in making this backdrop.
What You Need:
– two 7-foot-long 3/4″ pipes
– two 3-foot-long 3/4″ pipes
– four 1.5-foot-long 3/4″ pipes
– one 3/4″ coupling
– two 3/4″ corner “elbows”
– two 3/4″ tees
1. Construct the backdrop frame using the PVC pipes. First, Connect the two 3-foot-long pieces with a coupling in the middle to create a 6-foot-long top bar.
2. Add the elbows to the ends of this 6-foot piece.
3. Feed the curtain clip rings onto the 6-foot pipe
4. Connect the 7-foot-long pipes to these elbows to create a big “U” structure.
5. Secure the tees to the bottom of the 7-foot poles and connect the 1.5-foot pipes to either side creating “feet” for your backdrop.
6. Lay out the dropcloth and fold the top according to the length you want the curtain to hang at
7. Coat the fabric with a generous layer of spray adhesive
8. Scatter the gold confetti flecks all over the dropcloth, making sure it is evenly distributed across the canvas
9. Spray the entire fabric with another coat of the adhesive to ensure confetti is stuck (*Note: A clear coat of spray paint after the second layer of adhesive can also be used to limit the stickiness)
10. Clip the canvas to the curtain rings on the top bar, spacing evenly
11. Stand it up and your custom photobooth is ready for use!
Grab your props, prep your funny faces, and bring your best pose because you’ll be standing in front of this backdrop all party long! Find more party ideas here!!
You can also see this DIY on LaurenConrad.com!