Not quite sure what to put out as your wedding favor on your big day? Many couples want to share a little something that has meaning behind it or matches their theme of the day. For a garden wedding or even bridal shower, this herb infused salt scrub would make the perfect favor! We can already see it…the wedding favor table filled with cute little jars of the scrub with tags saying “Thanks for coming, you’re the salt of the earth!” Ok ok…a little silly, but wouldn’t they be cute!?
A personally-made wedding favor or gift is always a wonderful gesture that makes both the giver and the recipient feel good. This fragrant salt scrub gift that the girls from GATHER Events created will pamper your guests with its spa-like calming and healing effects. They won’t have to know how truly easy it is to create! Garnish with a fresh herb sprig and gift away! This would even make a lovely favor for a bridal or baby shower, a hostess or housewarming gift, etc. Who wouldn’t want a little spa indulgence made with loving care?
What you will need:
mini glass jars (we chose these)
26 oz. container of sea salt
2 cups of oil of your choice (olive, avocado, jojoba, sunflower)
fragrant herbs/plants of your choice (we chose rosemary, thyme and eucalyptus)
pot for boiling and a bowl and spoon for mixing
1. Place the oil and herbs into a pot.
2. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it begins to gently bubble.
3. Let cool for a few minutes.
4. Place the salt into a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the infused oil to the salt. Do not place the actual herbs into the salt mixture.
6. Mix the oil and salt together until everything is blended but the salt is still course.
7. Spoon the mixture into your jars. This mixture yields 4 7-oz. jars.
Concept, Design and Styling: GATHER Events
Photography: Krista Mason Photography