When it comes to mom life, us ladies need all the help we can get! Here are our favorite social media profiles, groups and apps we can access from the palm of our hand:
1. What to Expect (FREE) – this is a must read for every pregnant woman! You get weekly updates on your baby’s growth and progress in the womb (which may lead you to excitedly share “it’s the size of a peach!!”) and shares helpful tips on the best way to prepare for the upcoming arrival of your little one.
2. @LactationLink – this Instagram account poses “Fact or Fiction” questions about breastfeeding and gives helpful tips for breastfeeding moms. Make sure to read the comments too – real moms chime in with their experiences!
3. #latenightnursing feed on Instagram – this feed has brought us so much comfort knowing we’re not alone in the world of parenting. Started by fellow mom, @lynzyandco, this feed posts about different parenting topics each night. This community talks about everything from sleep environments to delivery recovery and hundreds of moms each night share what did and didn’t work for them.
4. Babynursing App (FREE) – during the first few month’s of your little one’s life it’s important to track feedings, diaper changes and pumping times to make sure everything is working as it should be. This app is the best we’ve found for keeping that information all in one place – it sure beats the xeroxed charts the hospital gives you!
5. Zulily app (FREE) – this is for all you bargain hunting mamas! This app updates every day with flash sale deals, and you can specifically search for baby items. Who wants to pay full price for an item your little one is going to outgrow in a few months time?!
6. @ThriftyLittles IG account – this IG account will tell you when all of your favorite online boutique shops are having sales! From toys to clothes to blankets, stay up to date on when good deals are available.
7. The Wonder Weeks App ($1.99) – every new mom wonders what’s going on in that cute head of their new baby… and this app helps answer some of those questions! Based on years of baby behavior studying, this app tells you when your baby is going through developmental “leaps”, what those leaps are and how you can help, and the common behavior changes to look for during those times.
8. Mommy2Mommy FB groups – this network of private FB groups are the perfect place for moms to seek advice, sell used baby items and find encouragement after a rough day. There are groups for different cities and regions all around the US, so if you’re not a part of one yet be sure to ask moms you know in the area you live!
What are some of your favorite apps and accounts??