If there is one thing necessary on the evening of December 24th, it is the perfect cookies to leave out for Santa Claus. You may be struggling to find the drive to go to the grocery store on one of the busiest days. We have a solution for you. We have found a Christmas Eve cookie recipe full of ingredients you probably already have on hand. BeCentsational brings us the perfect holiday treat. These Christmas linzer cookies have the amazing taste and beautiful design to go along with it. Making a Christmas Eve cookie recipe the day of may seem like daunting task. However, this recipe makes it easy…and delicious.
Image via BeCentsational
- 1 3/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour or almond flour
- 1 cup raspberry preserves or your favorite preserve.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until the mixture is light, fluffy and pale in color. Stir in 1/2 cup flour, the ground almonds, and cinnamon. Mix in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the mixture becomes a slightly stiff dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball; divide it in half. Wrap both halves in wax paper or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for about one hour. (don’t skip this step)
- Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut desired shape and placed in cookie sheets.
- Place the cut cookies in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven all of the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to turn brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Fill cooled cookies with jam by spreading jam on the bottom of one cookie and place another on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Finally, we hope Christmas Even is a day of joy for all. These cookies may even make it that much sweeter. Whether they are for Santa Claus or loved ones, we are sure they will not disappoint. Furthermore, looking for even more ways to get the most out of the holiday season? Then check out this Christmas PJs and Pancakes Party!