The 4th of July always features foods full of American pride in both style and color… and let’s be honest, full of calories. It is the holiday celebrating our freedom, so go ahead and have that burger, but maybe swap out the red, white, and blue cookies, cakes, or brownies, for these healthy patriotic popsicles! Lindsay at Weeknight Bite is all about the better-for-you swaps when it comes to sweets. So, she whipped up these coconut milk + fresh fruit popsicles for the 4th of July that are a delicious and refreshing dessert to enjoy while watching the fireworks! And if you’re looking for a side dish, this watermelon mint salad is also perfect for the holiday!
Lindsay says, “Beat the heat with these patriotic popsicles that are made with strawberries, blueberries, and coconut milk. They’re full of flavor from the juicy summer berries, low in sugar, dairy-free, and a great source of healthy fat! A refreshing treat that the whole fam will love.”
Makes 10 popsicles
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp water
White & blue layer:
1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
½ cup fresh blueberries
Popsicle molds and sticks
1. Start with the red layer. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, maple syrup, and water in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture in the popsicle molds, filling each mold about halfway up. Freeze for 30-45 minutes or until the red layer has solidified.
2. Rinse out the blender, then pour in the can of coconut milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup, and blend until combined.
3. Take the popsicle molds out of the freezer. Fill the other half of the molds with blueberries, leaving some room in each mold to pour the coconut mixture in.
4. Pour the coconut mixture into each mold, covering the blueberries completely. Gently tap the molds on the counter to make sure the coconut mixture reaches the bottom of the blueberries.
5. Insert a popsicle stick into each mold. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
6. To remove the popsicles from the mold, run the molds under hot water for a few seconds. This should help the popsicles release easily from the molds.
Are you drooling as much as we are?!
4 responses to “Healthy Patriotic Popsicles for the 4th of July”
These look delish!
Definitely going to make these this 4th!!
These are so pretty and look DELICIOUS
Oh SO making these this weekend!