The entire year I was pregnant with baby #3 I was on a constant urge to travel. Part of me just needed to take a break from my 2 toddlers at home. However, the other part of me knew that once baby boy got here I’d be on lock down from traveling for a while. During that time I did small getaways to Vancouver, Vail, Wisconsin, and Park City. A few weeks later, after my little guy was born, I had a strong desire to head to Palm Springs. So I started to research on where I wanted to go and settled on this luxury palm desert escape.
With being very pregnant in the summer I decided to hold off on any other trips until I had the baby. I just didn’t want to be too uncomfortable as I was going into my last weeks of pregnancy, but I knew that once baby was here and things calmed down I wanted to explore the idea again of heading out to Palm Springs.
Baby arrived and after things settled at home my husband and I decided it was time to get out for a few days and take our little guy with us. We landed at the Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage
and it did not disappoint. The weather in early September was a perfect 88 degrees and we enjoyed most of our time lounging in a cabana at the family pool on property.
My top 5 favorite things about the resort were:
1. The service: Talk to Colin in marketing or Amanda, the manager at the State Fare restaurant, and you’ll be blown away. The cabana servers at the family pool and staff at the spa are pretty great too.
2. The food: We ate at State Fare
not only once, but twice, for their unbelievable breakfast and buffet. It’s a MUST. And if you want to splurge at one of the nicest restaurants you’ve probably ever been to, go to The Edge. There, we ate the best steak we’ve ever had. Ever. Period. End of Story. I don’t think I can return to the desert without going there.
3. The views: Stunning desert mountains and palm trees are everywhere you look. The property’s views will impress you, as well as their beautiful reflection pool (especially at sunset).
4. The Spa: I felt so welcomed at their spa and never wanted to leave. If you are deciding to have a service or not – the answer is YES you should! Undoubtedly, it’s worth the splurge!
5. Their wedding venue: At any property I stay at, I’m always checking out their wedding venues in addition to assessing how great of a honeymoon hotspot it is. The Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage is both. It’s an AMAZING place to get married ( I mean check out the ceremony views!!) and it’s privacy and serenity make it the ideal place for a honeymoon. The adult pool and cabanas were filled with couples lounging in front of the most epic view. This is by far my favorite view point on property.
Lastly, there is one additional thing I loved that I have to share! The fire pit outside our room was also incredible. With lounge chairs and our own personal fireplace outside our room, we could enjoy each evening with our wine, lit up by our fireplace. The ambiance was perfect. Now, can you see why I am so obsessed with this hotel?
Finally, we couldn’t have picked a better place to escape to in the Palm Desert area and there is (absolutely!) a 100% chance we will be going back. The Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage is a must stay – try it also and you’ll see why!