Summertime is finally here! And with all the sunshine you’ll find us outside enjoying pool days, beach days, park days and backyard barbecues! But we’re not the only ones who love these summer months. Kids are out of school and babies are getting their first exposure to summer fun. So, we’ve rounded up some of our summer must haves for babies and kids that will help them make the most of the season, and make your life a little easier too –
1. First up, sunscreen! As you may have noticed, all the events we listed above take place outside, which means we need to be well prepared to keep our kiddos safe from the sun. Nothing dampens the fun of summer like a sunburn! Our current favorite is sunscreen is by Thinkbaby. It’s a mineral based, SPF 50 and actually smells good! Check, check, check.
2. Sunshine and summer breezes dry out skin and lips, so we like to add moisturizing to our nighttime routine with the kids. Our go to’s are Babyganics organic lip and face balm (we love it so much we use it on ourselves too!) and California Baby Summer Blend lotion, which as you probably figured out by it’s name is the perfect smell for summer.
3. We came across this Pop ‘N Play Playard with Canopy by Summer Infant when looking for shade options for baby while at the beach and park, and couldn’t love it more! It’s easy to set up and fold up, and works great for keeping babies contained and out of the sun.
4. If you’re heading to the beach or pool, towels are a must! We’re currently loving the options at H&M – cute designs for parents and kids! Our favorite? This super cute stripe one that comes with a shoulder strap. Any mom who has lugged around beach or pool supplies knows how handy this can be!
5. For backyard fun, we love water tables! They’re low maintenance (just add water and/or sand and viola!) but keep our kids entertained for hours. This is the perfect solution for hot days when the pool or beach seem like too much of an undertaking. Our favorite is this dino one!
6. When we take our little ones to the park, we always grab our Gathre Mat on our way out the door! Made out of leather, this mat travels compactly, is easy to clean (and waterproof!) and is the perfect way to enjoy a picnic or snacks at a grassy park.
7. Lastly, it wouldn’t be summer without sand toys, bubbles and lawn games. Melissa and Doug has the cutest selection of summer toys for babies, toddlers and older kids. Some must haves we picked up for our little ones include this sand ice cream set, bubble wand and a garden set.