It’s only the second day of January, so hopefully your new year’s resolutions are still going strong! If not, it’s never too late to pick up a new one. It’s news to no one that fitness new years resolutions are the most commonly set, but can also often be the most easily unmet. So, start small! We like to implement simple little habits – think of them as baby steps. They say it only takes 21 days to form a habit, so you can develop, and solidify new healthy practices by February, easy! Here are a few healthy new years resolutions – or intentions – to take up this month to help keep you (or put you) on the right track! Now, who’s with us?!
1. Drink More Water. Our goal? 3+ Liters per day
2. Set the alarm 15 minute earlier. In an effort to become a morning person, try gradually setting back your alarm by 15 minutes each week. Pretty soon, you will be up early enough to workout in the mornings!
3. Keep it light after lunch. We feel our best when we eat well and we typically eat our worst at nighttime. So, we’re trying to cut the carbs after lunch and just stick to light dinners and healthy snacks.
4. Bring on the Lemon Water. Drinking a cup of warm lemon water first thing in the morning is FULL of benefits. We’re talking about bacteria fighting, metabolism boosting benefits.
5. Cut Sugar. We know, we know. This isn’t easy! But, knowing sugar isn’t doing anything good for us helps us say ‘no’. Be conscious of food labels too, because many processed foods contain hidden sugars.
6. Cook at Home. The best thing you can do to improve your health is eat out less! We are trying to restrict take out & restaurants to the weekend. Recipes like these on-the-go salads help.
7. Park Farther Away. Wether you’re grocery shopping or going to work, parking far allows you to walk more!
8. Get Outdoors. Plan an outside activity for every weekend. This way, it’s on the books and you can look forward to it. Go on a hike, pack a lunch and take it to the park, or go to the beach!
9. Read before bed. We don’t know about you, but we want to spend less time in front of the TV this year. Diving into a good book is a great way to switch things up.
10. Remember to take a break. This can be a break during work, or an hour off all electronics (eek!). Whichever you choose, remember to stop and enjoy the moment.
What healthy habits are you taking up this year?