Anyone else trying to start the new year out on a healthy front? Don’t worry, we’re with you! This is why we’re sharing this healthy, protein packed meal from nutritionist Jennie Miremadi on our lifestyle blog today. The wild salmon kabobs served with lemon-tahini dressing make for the perfect dinner. If you enjoy Mediterranean food, this will be right up your alley! Plus, they’re incredibly easy. Here’s how to whip them up in no time.
Lemon-Tahini Dressing Ingredients
1/4 cup tahini paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup fresh parsley, packed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp. coconut aminos
Himalayan pink salt and ground, black pepper to taste
1. Add ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until emulsified.
2. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
3. Set aside for use with Wild Salmon Kabobs.
Wild Salmon Kabobs Ingredients (Serves 4.)
1 pound of wild Alaskan salmon
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp. olive oil
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 3 minutes.
2. Cut salmon into 1.5 inch cubes.
3. Mix lemon juice, 1 tsp. olive oil and pinch of salt in a bowl.
4. Dip salmon cubes in lemon-olive oil mixture and place on pre-soaked skewers.
5. Grill salmon kabobs in skillet with 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat, or brush salmon kabobs with 1 tsp. olive oil and grill on BBQ over medium heat, until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
6. Serve with Lemon-Tahini Dressing and enjoy!
If you’re also looking for a healthy indulgence, try Jennie’s yummy good-for-you hot cocoa!