Nothing sounds better on a cozy fall morning than a cup of coffee and some pancakes. Take it up a notch with guilt free pumpkin protein pancakes – even better! Heidi Powell has made a name for herself in the fitness & nutrition industry (have you tried one of her killer workouts?), so we totally trust her when she tells us this pancake recipe is good for you – and delicious.
Heidi shares, With only a few weeks left in my favorite season of the year—pumpkin flavored everything season, of course—the Powell Pack is trying to squeeze in our last family favorite recipes and pumpkin indulgences before it’s on to peppermint and gingerbread.
Last year, we discovered these Pumpkin Protein Pancakes topped with a crumbly and delish Pumpkin Seed Granola. Let me just say….it is a game changer! So delicious that we actually snuck this recipe in our new book, Extreme Transformation. I just couldn’t wait until the book’s December 20th paperback release date to share this pumpkin goodness with you, so consider this an early Christmas gift. Check it out and whip some up for yourself before pumpkin gets stocked away for the season!
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Makes 4 servings
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (3/4 for men)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg white
1/4 cup steel-cut oats
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon Truvia sweetener
1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
1/2 tablespoon Pumpkin Seed Granola (see recipe below)
1/2 banana sliced (men only)
1. Add all the ingredients except syrup, granola, and banana (men only) to the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Heat a nonstick griddle or skilled coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of pancake batter per pancake onto griddle or skillet. Once pancake tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked, they are ready to flip. Cook both sides. Serve immediately. Top with syrup, granola, and banana (for men).
Pumpkin Seed Granola
1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup slivered almonds, raw and unsalted
1/4 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon Truvia
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt substitute
1. Heat coconut oil in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Toss the almonds and pumpkin seeds in coconut oil and stir to avoid burning.
3. Add Truvia, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt substitute, mix.
For one pancake with 1/2 tablespoon of granola
Women: 310 calls; 11 g fat; 34 carbs, 25 g protein.
Men: 400 calls; 12 g fat, 48 carbs, 32 g protein.
Give it a try and tell us what you think!