This post brought to you by SOFIproducts.com. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Inspired By This.
Revamp our closet? Don’t mind if we do! Share the results with you next week on our lifestyle blog? Of course!
We used SOFI™ products, like the SOFI Hex Box, (which are majorly made from recycled content by the way!) to completely revamp our craft closet – which can get crazy with all the DIY projects going on over here! SOFI™offers the essential, style-smart organizational system we need to make this space work. And guys.. these boxes have made all the difference! Plus with, gold fasteners, zipper accents, and fun geometric print interiors, they’re cute too! Order from Amazon for affordable prices (from $9.99 to $29.99) and get them ASAP in a variety of styles.
We followed Monica Friel’s, organizing expert and president of Chaos to Order, tips for organizing your closet space. See how she does it and check back next week for our big closet reveal! We’re excited!
1. Reimagine your closet as your personal chic boutique: Before you begin to organize, make sure you have cleverly-designed products to make your closet inspiring, vibrant and fun! The new line of SOFI™ home organizational products can help you makeover your closet. SOFI products feature stylistic touches like gold fasteners and zipper accents, geometric print interiors, in a sophisticated color palette to bring you inspiration every time you open your closet door.
2. Now, Be a Style Editor: Go through your closet item by item. Eliminate what feels drab while gathering ideas for pieces you can add to update your existing clothing collection.
3. Group Similar Items Together: The best way to know exactly what you have is to put like-items together. Use your style editor-eye to organize by type of clothing or style and then by color.
4. Celebrate the Season: Keep the clothes you’re currently wearing accessible so that you don’t have to waste time searching for the things you need. For quick access to clothes and accessories, use a SOFI Brix Box, Small with pull-out handles and open tops or a SOFI Zipper Tote, Small for quick, front-panel access to clothes and accessories. And, take advantage of floor and shelf space in your closet with a SOFI™ Stax Shelf™ that makes the most of existing vertical and horizontal space.
5. Forget Last Season: Take time to get out-of-season clothes stored away. This will make your closet feel less cramped so you can easily see what you own before hitting the stores.
6. Organization is not a Destination: Organization is an ongoing process that requires efficient systems, maintenance and the good old-fashioned discipline of putting things back in place. With Monica Friel’s tips, you’ll be on your way to having your own couture closet space!