We’re sharing this refreshing, delicious, just-in-time for St. Patrick’s day avocado salad on our lifestyle blog today thanks to Pamela Salzman. We love recreating her healthy and seasonal recipes and can’t wait to try this spring salad! Full of invigorating citrus flavor, it’s a yummy & light recipe you can whip up for yourself or for some St. Patty’s day entertaining. The side of pepita brittle will put your guests over the edge! Be ultra festive and serve it up with this green pistachio cocktail!
2 radishes, thinly sliced (preferably the watermelon variety) or jicama
1. Cut ½ inch off the bottom (root end) of each head of endive. Separate the leaves and keep under a damp paper towel in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 4 hours.
3. Make the dressing by adding all of the other dressing ingredients to the orange juice. Whisk to combine or place everything in a jar and shake. Set aside.
5. Place the remaining orange segments, avocado and radishes on top of the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve with pepita brittle (recipe below) and an additional pinch of sea salt.
1 Tablespoon unrefined virgin coconut oil, melted*
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin seeds and sea salt.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown rice syrup and coconut oil until well combined. Pour over the pumpkin seeds and stir to combine.
*I melt the coconut oil and the brown rice syrup together in a butter warmer.