Happy National Watermelon Day! To celebrate, we’re sharing a watermelon lime popsicle recipe that’s not only festive, but exactly what we want on a hot August day. Everyone’s favorite melon and a bit of lime combine in Jennie Miremadi’s yummy concoction. Jennie is known for her health conscious recipes and these popsicles are no exception. The refreshing treat is sweetened naturally by the fruit (add in stevia if you’d like) and combines with water as opposed to chemical or sugar heavy juice.
Ingredients (Makes 6-8 popsicles)
4 cups watermelon, cut into small chunks
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. stevia powder (optional)
1) Add all ingredients to Vitamix or other high-speed blender and blend until well combined.
2) Pour watermelon-lime mixture into BPA-free popsicle molds.
3) Place molds in freezer. After about 2 hours, when mixture is slushy but not completely frozen, add a wooden stick to the center of each popsicle.
4) Freeze for an additional 3 hours, or until completely frozen.
5) Remove molds from popsicles, and, if necessary, place under warm water for 20-30 seconds to loosen.
6) Serve and enjoy!
Test out this recipe and tell us how you like it in the comments! And if you have a sweet tooth like we do, this strawberry gelato is another great fruity dessert option!