Why would we veer from tradition when a Fourth of July BBQ is the perfect way to celebration our nation’s independence?! Especially when it can look as good as this one! Cassandra Clair of The Event Prep went above and beyond for her gathering, but in a way that is ultra easy to recreate for your own celebration! With festive cocktail recipes like Peach Kombucha Sangria and Rosemary Lemonade, plus a Bourbon Float to boot, you’ll be singing this party’s praises all summer long. And don’t forget to whip up these patriotic popsicles while you’re at it!
Cassandra says, The Fourth is prime time for relaxing with family and friends while indulging in summertime classics like your family’s “famous” heirloom BBQ recipe and some ice-cold cocktails.
Here in the Midwest we take every chance we can get to dine outside, and this festive tablespace perfectly sets the mood for such an occasion. A mix of patterns between the table linens and speckled salad plates creates a playful tone while the summertime-themed sugar cookies add a fun touch to each place setting. Custom acrylic drink stirrers serve as a place card as well as a keepsake guests can take home with them. Garden flowers shooting out from the table are almost reminiscent of fireworks and they create a beautiful and refreshing centerpiece that your guests are sure to admire.
As for the menu – a classic (and hassle free!) meal can still be presented elegantly like we did here with these trays filled with an assortment of sliders, corn dogs, a mix of fruit, and cups of pasta salad. Refreshing beverages like our Rosemary Lemonade and Kombucha Sangria can be prepped in advanced and served in glass drink dispensers for an effortless yet refined look. Simple décor and styling accents can go a long way to creating an environment that will make your guests feel like they’re at home. One of my favorite tips to help accomplish this is to swap in a blanket with a fun print – like our red and white one here – instead of using a plain table linen.
Peach Kombucha Sangria
4 -5 fresh peaches
6 sprigs of fresh basil
5 tablespoons raw honey or Agave
2 bottles chilled white wine (we used a Chardonnay)
2-3 12oz. bottles of plain Kombucha
1. Cut the peaches into wedges
2. Remove basil leaves from their stems
3. Combine those two ingredients into a small bowl and drizzle with honey or agave . Gently mash the peaches to release some of the juice.
4. Put the fruit mixture into a glass pitcher or drink dispenser
5. Pour the wine overtop of that mixture
6. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours before serving
7. Just before serving, add the Kombucha so the mixture becomes bubbly
8. Serve over ice or frozen peaches
6 medium lemons, fresh squeezed (about 1 cup)
4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary, plus extra for garnish
1 cup cane sugar
6 cups of water
Lemon slices for garnish
1. In a small pot, combine the sugar with 2 cups of water. Cook over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Once the sugar is dissolved, turn the heat off and add in 4 sprigs of rosemary
3. Allow that mixture to sit for two to three hours to bring out the flavors
4. Remove the sprigs of Rosemary
5. Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer to extract the sweetened water
6. In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sweetened water, and the remaining 4 cups of cold water. Stir together.
7. Serve over ice, garnished with lemon slices and rosemary (optional).
Does anyone else embrace the “kid at heart” motto? Our party was for our adult friends but we were sure to include a few fun upgrades on some of our favorite childhood classics. Root beer floats were made with a boozy Bourbon vanilla twist and served as a perfect alternative dessert.
What better way to celebrate America than with a backyard soiree! Whether you’re having a small intimate gathering with your family and friends or a large backyard bash for the whole neighborhood, we hope our celebration has served you with plenty of patriotic party inspiration!
Boozy Bourbon & Vanilla Root Bear Floats
3 oz. Bourbon Cream (we used Brown Jug Bourbon Cream Liqueur)
1 oz. Tito’s Vodka
8 oz. Root Beer
2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
Add the Bourbon Cream & Vodka to a glass. Top with Root Beer + add in two scoops of ice cream. Add in a colorful straw or stir stick and enjoy!