In the world of beauty there actually are a lot of secrets; tools that make your routine faster, products that make you look like a million bucks for a fraction of the price, and the no-makeup makeup look to name a few. Every time we view a new Youtube tutorial (we love Vogue’s channel for celeb beauty routines!) or watch an influencer’s stories, we seem to pick up a new trick or product that makes the whole makeup thing easier. And as moms, working women, socialites, and globe-trotters, we could always use another trick up our sleeves – especially when it comes to speeding up the routine all together. Who has time for 12 steps or the perfect cat-eye anyways?! Thankfully, we think we’ve nailed the 5 minute make-up routine thing. So, we’re here to share what we know and the products love. We’re going to play a game of and/or with these minimalist beauty products. If you like to be bronze and glowy or matte and flushed, there is a 5 minute make-up routine for that. What can we say, we like options!
Disclaimer: This isn’t our beauty regimen when we need to get all dolled up fo an event or date night, but is what we swear by for a simple everyday face that looks both natural and not like you just rolled out of bed (even if you did).
1. Facial Oil – The best secret for a flawless 5 minute make-up routine? Skin care. That’s where it all starts people. And we never (even if you are on the oily side) put on makeup without a priming moisturizer or oil. Honest Beauty Facial Oil is one of the best. Nourished skin is happy skin and happy skin holds your makeup better. 🙂
2. The Base Layer – We feel naked without Coola’s BB Cream. The super lightweight and natural formula evens out texture and tone while providing sun protection. It also gives a matte finish, which we love, because we can tend to get shiny quickly. If you’re looking for something that gives a little more coverage, swipe on It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream, which also offers SPF, and is award winning for achieving concealing, natural coverage with a barely there feel.
4. Cheeks – We have two no-fail options for you here. If you want to give your cheeks a little color in a pinch, look no further than Glossier cloud paint. Once again, dot it on and blend it with your fingers and voila! For a look that’s more “I got a tan this weekend” Hoola Bronzer is our go-to. The fact that the brush comes in the box means we don’t spend 3 of our 5 minutes searching for our bronzer brush (how is it so easy to lose these things?!).
5. Brows – Brows can be the most tedious of tasks. Which is why we decided not to bother any longer with pencils and go for easy swipe-on gels. Insert Glossier boy brow. It’s a cult favorite for good reason, as is our other brow’s best friend, Maybelline clear mascara. Both achieve a youthful, slightly bushy, brushed up brow, it just depends whether you need the extra color (Boy Brow) or not (Clear Mascara).
6. A Really Really Great Mascara – This will instantly wake you up, and takes all of 30 seconds to apply! Our top two – and have been for like ever – are Benefit’s They’re Real and Too Faced’s Better Than Sex. Cheeky names, big results.
7. Juicy Lip Balm – In terms of bang for your buck, and by buck we mean time, a swipe of lip balm goes a long way. In 10 seconds or less (look we can make a game of it!) and/or while walking out the door, driving in the car give your lips a little shine with Glossier balm dotcom or the classic favorite, EOS lip balm. You’ll never find us anywhere without them.
Do you have a 5 minute make-up routine? What products are a necessity in yours?