Why drink out of normal wine glasses when you can have etched wine glasses with hearts and polka dots?! This DIY on our lifestyle blog today will leave you sipping pretty. Add a little something fun to your wine glasses to make them all your own! We chose polka dots and hearts, of course, which are too perfect for you not to make in time for Valentine’s Day. This method works on all glass surfaces, so get hooked and get crafting!
What You Need
- Wine Glasses
- Etching cream
- Adhesive vinyl or contact paper
- Sponge or small paintbrush
1. Begin by cutting the vinyl into the little squares, and then cut out the shapes you want on your glasses from the adhesive vinyl—we chose circles and hearts, but feel free to do whatever you like!
2. Once you cut them out, peel the adhesive side and place it on your glass! (Try to smooth it out as best as you can, keeping the shape flat on the glass.)
3. Once you have placed all of your shapes around the glass, grab your etching cream and begin to paint it on the open shapes on the glass!
4. Once you are done painting, let your glasses sit for about 1-3 minutes before you wash them off under water. Washing them will take the etching cream off, leaving your glasses etched with shapes!
5. Peel off your vinyl and any leftover etching residue!