The most coveted eye makeup look and yet the one we are all a little bit afraid to tackle– the smoky eye. Well don’t fear, Artistry by Danika is here to show you the easy way to master this makeup must! Don’t worry we promise this look will be polished and pretty and perfect for a night out without leaving you with the feared raccoon eyes! Follow these 5 simple steps and in minutes sultry smoky eyes will be yours!
1. Prep the eyelid with a primer. This will keep your shadow from creasing as well as give you a long-lasting result.
2. Curl the lashes and apply a coat of mascara.
3. Apply a creamy eyeshadow such as Laura Mercier’s Caviar Stick in “Cocoa” or “Smoke”. Use your fingers and/or a fluffy brush to blend and smudge the color. Sometimes I find that your finger tip will warm the stick, making it easier to smooth and “smoke” it out. Don’t be afraid to get messy with it! It won’t look perfect at first…just keep blending.
4. Line the eyes with a black eyeliner and smudge. I love Clinique’s Quickliner Intense in “Intense Ebony”.
5. Lastly, pop on your favorite lashes. Here I used Ardell lashes in 53’s.