What better way to find glitzy hair accessories then to learn how to make your own on style blog! Amp up your typical (and oh so necessary) bobby pins with gems – yes our eyes lit up too when we realized we could take jewels from jewelry we either never wear or inexpensive store bought pieces and create a head turning hair accessory! Not only fun, but super easy, you’ll want to dig the bobbies out of your makeup bag and the glue from your craft closet and DIY these jeweled bobby pins right now! Sara from Tell Love & Chocolate masterminded these beauties and our hair is extremely grateful!
Life without bobby pins? No thanks. Whether it’s unwashed, messy or just plain bad… my hair is constantly saved by these precious, precious accessories. So adding some flair to your bobbies makes those bad hair days a little more fun. These bobby pins are so easy and make great gifts… especially if they’re gifts to yourself!
What You Need:
1. Remove all gemstones from necklace or earrings.
2. Lay them all out and arrange them into designs.
3. Glue a main gem on the bobby pin first. All The other jewels will be glued to this main jewel because the base of the bobby pin is very small.
4. After the main jewel has dried, start to glue on other jewels.
5. The glue is slow drying, so you may need to prop up the bobby pin so everything can dry evenly.