What mama wouldn’t want to be waken up with homemade French toast? This Mother’s Day, treat your mom to a brunch spread – or maybe even breakfast in bed – and serve up her favorite delicacy. You’ll find the perfect French Toast recipes for Mother’s Day right here no matter what your mama’s taste buds. We won’t blame you if you drool your way through them…
Easy French Toast via B.Britnell
Let’s start things off right with this easy and classic French toast recipe. Make it with Callah bread and top it with berries. Voilá
Savory Herb French Toast via Spoon Fork Bacon
Some moms don’t like the sweets – yes, it’s true – so this savory French toast is just right for them. Not going to lie, we’re also drooling over the chives, thyme, & oregano concoction. Even better with a cracked egg on top.
Corn Flakes French Toast Sticks via Damn Delicious
These crunchy French toast sticks make eating the breakfast treat even more fun. Dip and indulge.
Paleo Banana Bread French Toast via Primal Kitchen
Yes, we included a Paleo option – but that doesn’t mean it’s any less decadent then the last! Turn banana bread into French toast? Genius!
London Fog French Toast via Local Milk
For the mama who likes her London Fog lattes, this Earl Grey infused French toast is the recipe. And with sugared blueberries on top, it’s extra special.
Coconut Cream Pie French Toast via The Minimalist Baker
We could drool over this coconut milk French toast all. day. long. And so will your mama. Top it with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes, of course.
Bread and Butter Pudding with Maple Caramel Sauce via Libbie Summers
OK, maybe this isn’t quite French Toast, but dare we say it’s better? Here’s how to make it:
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
7 ounces brioche, cut into eight 1/2-inch slices, halved diagonally
3 large eggs, plus 3 large egg yolks
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
½ cup Pappy & Co. Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
1 tablespoon sugar
Salty Maple Caramel Sauce (recipe to follow)
1. Preheat oven to 325 º F. Butter a shallow baking dish.
2. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Arrange brioche slices in dish.
4 In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, milk, cream, syrup, cinnamon and salt.
5. Pour mixture over the brioche and let sit 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle top with sugar
7. Bake until bread pudding is puffed and custard is set (about 1 hour). Let cool and serve with Salty Maple Caramel Sauce.
Salty Maple Caramel Sauce (heaven in a spoonful)
*Salted Maple Caramel Sauce is great spooned over everything from ice cream to broiled fruit!*
2 cups Pappy & Co. Maple Syrup
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup butter, softened
½ teaspoon flake sea salt (we use Maldon)
1. In a deep thick bottom pot over medium heat, add maple syrup and bring to a low boil. Allow to boil for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes with a silicone spatula (syrup will start to coat the backside of the spatula and become thick when cooled).
2. Stir in the butter until it is completely melted and then add the cream, stirring constantly. It will not bubble up dangerously like caramel but it will still be very hot. Add the salt and then stir to mix. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
Which one will you make?