Everyone needs time to relax and indulge just a little. We have a few go-to cures for feeling a bit run-down, over-worked, or in need of some pampering. Just make your way down this list the next time you need (or want) to indulge in a mini spa day.
1. Start the day right. Kick off your mini spa day with a spa inspired smoothie!
2. Treat yourself to a blowout. Having someone else wash and style your hair (and make it look twice as good) is the ultimate treat. If you’re in Orange County, Lavender Salon provides a totally relaxing experience.
3. Get a Manicure. OK, this may be the most stereotypical ‘spa day’ experience but it can’t be beat! Make it feel extra special by trying a new salon or getting the extra 10 minute massage.
4. Eat a deliciously clean meal. Let’s face it, eating clean always makes us feel a bit better and more refreshed. If you haven’t heard, one of our favorite juiceries, Juice Served Here just opened it’s first cafe in Newport Beach! The menu options won’t make you feel like you are missing anything.
5. Put on a face mask. Our skin always feels rejuvenated after a face mask – but we hardly take the time to use them. Slather on your best mask after a shower and pop on a chick flick.
6. Nourish your hair. While you’re at it, give your locks some love too! With all of the styling and heat we use on our hair, it always needs a boost. We love this powerful repair mask. Leave it on for 20 minutes to really let it sink in.
Photo by Sara Weir
8. Order an at-home massage. What could be more relaxing, and a little indulgent, than having a professional massage in the comfort of your own home? The app, Zeel, allows you to book a massage (even on the day of!) from your phone. The pro will arrive with their own massage table to bring the spa to you.
9. Take an invigorating bath. Spike your bath bubbles with some essential oils. For a relaxing ‘me-time’ vibe add in a few drops of Eucalyptus oil.
Photo by Sanaz Photography
What are your favorite ways to treat yourself?