Since classic gold and mixed metallics are so on trend, ONEHOPE decided to host some friends for an afternoon of gold leafing champagne glasses to give as gifts while sipping on wine and listening to their favorite holiday tunes. In the spirit of the season of giving, they hosted their first ever ONEHOPE Holiday wine party with Hope at Home – ONEHOPE’s exclusive at-home wine tasting program that raises money for the hosts’ cause of choice. In addition to the half of profits that their wine already donates back to partner charities to make a social impact, with Hope at Home an additional 15% of sales from the evening is donated back to a cause of choice. An afternoon of wine tasting and holiday crafts, while also giving back? WINE not?! To include a unique wine tasting experience at your home or office party, check out Hope at Home and learn how you can host a party to raise money for the cause of your choice.
- Flutes or Champagne Coups – We used these and these to give our guests a little variety.
- Gold leaf, adhesive and sealant (available at craft stores)
- Paint brushes
- Using a paint brush, apply adhesive to the glass. Get creative with shapes and stripes!
- Wait a few minutes until the glue gets tacky (2-5 minutes). We had the best luck when the glue was almost dry.
- Place your gold leaf on the glass and press down to smooth out any bubbles or inconsistencies. Allow your gold leaf to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully remove excess gold leaf from around the glued areas.
- Once all excess gold leaf is removed, brush your sealant on over the gold leaf. This will allow you to drink out of and handle the glasses. Since your glasses are hand crafted with love, please hand wash them with care
Be Prepared to Be Inspired…
Wine: Hope at Home
Coffee: ONEHOPE Coffee
Linens: La Tavola
Glasses and ghost chairs: Classic Party Rentals
Deer Head: ZGallerie
Frames: West Elm
Event/Floral Design and Production: Megan Robinson at ONEHOPE
Calligraphy: Beth Phillips at ONEHOPE
Photography: JWiley Photography