Keeping our jewelry organized is the bane of most our days. Ok, that’s a slight exaggeration, but the struggle is real, can we agree? We’re happy to offer a solution on our lifestyle blog today. We fought back against tangled, broken, or lost jewelry with these DIY lace jewelry bowls! They’re cute, they’re easy to make, and with a little room on your dresser they will make life so much easier! Say goodbye to leaving your rings and bracelets by the bathroom sink to accidentally slip down the drain, and plop the beauties in these bowls!
What You Need
A large glass or plastic bowl
1. Fill a container with water. This is for dyeing your lace doilies. (If you like their color as-is, you may skip to step 4.)
2. Add a touch of salt to your water, as well as a few drops of your color dye. We chose blue! Add more drops for a deeper, darker color.
3. Dip your white doily into the colored water. Afterward, you can lay out (on a trash bag or towel) on your counter to let air dry.
4. Flip over your bowl and cover the bottom with Saran Wrap. This will help to make sure your doily doesn’t stick!
5. With either your dried, colored doily or a new plain white one, soak it in a bowl of Mod-Podge. Use a sponge brush to help spread the Podge. Make sure the doily is completely covered, as this will be what will shape it into a bowl.
6. Take your doily and lay it over the bottom of your bowl. Let it sit here until it is completely dry. Once dry, peel your doily off. It should keep the form of the bowl!
*Repeat steps 4–6 for all dyed doilies!
You’re done! Pick out your jewelry favorites and place them in the bowls!
See more on Momtastic!