From the moment you say “Yes!” to when you say “I Do,” and well into your journey as newlyweds, paper will be a BIG part of your celebration and beyond. From stationery to signage to confetti, you will be surprised with how many paper products will be a part of making your wedding unique. We’ve partnered with The Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds ™ campaign to show you how paper can contribute to your big day in an impactful way. Here are 15 ways to personalize your wedding using paper-based products.
1. Send out fun and unique save the dates. Looking for a way to use those beautiful engagement photos? Send out paper save the dates featuring your favorite engagement photos! Your friends and family will love having this personal, visual reminder up on their fridge.
Photo by Emily Marie Photos
2. “Pop” the question to your bridesmaids by throwing a brunch for them! Ask them to be a part of your big day by handwriting the “ask” on personalized gift tags or hand them heartfelt notes for a personal touch.
3. Looking for a great gift for your wedding party? Celebrity wedding planner David Tuterasays, ” Journals are very on-trend and a great way to incorporate them into different parts of your life is to have separate pocket journals. I suggest giving journals out to the wedding party at the very beginning of planning, so they can document the wedding journey in their own words.”
4. David Tutera shares another great idea for a unique and special wedding day: paper flowers. He says, “Paper flowers from my line of paper are easy to assemble and you can turn them into paper bouquets for a bride and her maids to carry down the aisle. They are also great because you can attach a paper tag with a message from the bride to her maids and the flowers become a beautiful gift for them to keep.”
Photo by Katy Weaver
5. Guide the way to your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception with unique paper signs. When guiding guests to their seats, there are so many great ways to personalize the process. We love how this couple used a library catalog system!
6. Show off your relationship and tell your story by displaying photos of you and your fiancé throughout your ceremony, reception and even pre-wedding parties.
7. Keep guests cool. Paper fans are a great (and inexpensive) way to make sure your guests don’t overheat during a warm wedding ceremony on a hot day! They also make great favors when personalized with a photo, wedding date or lyrics from your song.
8. Use a guest book. Being able to remember all your wedding guests and their sweet words to you on your wedding day will never go out of style. Use an old book or a paper map that highlights the city you and your fiancé met or got engaged and have guests leave notes for you to look back at during each anniversary.
9. Create personalized paper “Toss Bags”. Place the bags under or on each guest’s seat so he or she can shower you in confetti as you exit your wedding ceremony! Learn how to make these out of paper bags here.
10. Make custom confetti. In addition to making paper toss bags, you can easily make your own confetti to fill them. Use colored paper that fits with your color scheme and cut the confetti into different shapes and sizes. You can even use specialized paper punches to create fun shapes!
Photo by Valorie Darling
11. Create a special menu! Print paper menus to adorn each place setting and show or remind your guests what they are having for dinner. If you are serving something that you and your fiancé love, share why it’s special to make the menu even more personal.
12. Consider a custom cake topper – we’re loving modern paper cake toppers that say the couple’s names or “Mr. & Mrs.” in a pretty script. This will make your cake a signature part of your wedding.
13. Label favors with a special note! Your favor can even be a handwritten card to each guest left at his or her place setting with stories of how they have been a part of your journey as a couple. Now, that is something that will stand out!
Photo by Brittany Gidley Photography
14. Design your own wine labels! Serving up wine at your wedding? We love the idea of making the label something custom in order to make it even more personal!
15. Send thank you notes. Never underestimate the power of a handwritten thank you note! When you return from your honeymoon and open all of your wedding gifts, remember to send a thoughtful ‘thank you’ to the people who made the effort to not only come to your special day but support your new life together!
There are definitely a lot of creative ways we have seen paper and paper-based packaging used in weddings. But what we love most is how these products can make your day that much more personal! Get more tips from David Tutera on personalizing your wedding day with paper here! And don’t forget to share your suggestions with us in the comments!