It isn’t news that the weather plays a role in how our hair and skin function. From frizz to dryness to build up thanks to sand, salt, sweat and more, there are a few things summer does to our lovely locks that aren’t so great for it. Not to fear! We’ve rounded up 8 products your hair will love this summer. We swear by them! From lathering it with nutrients and hydration to making it look like you just walked out of the ocean (in a good way), these sprays and accessories will save your strands.
1. Prep and Protect Leave In Conditioner – We swear by a good leave-in conditioner. Without it, our hair would be a tangled mess impossible to run a brush through. Keep your strands conditioned and prevent breakage from all that comb yanking with this magical leave-in. Plus, it also serves as a heat shield AND protects your hair from UV rays, which is a MUST for anyone with color-treated hair!
2. Sea Salt Spray – It’s all in the name of this Captain Blankenship Golden Waves Sea Salt Shimmer Spray! That’s right, those perfect beachy waves plus a gorgeous golden shimmer! If this isn’t the definition of a beach babe’s best friend, we don’t know what is.
3. Baseball Cap: Wearing a hat is not only good for shielding your face from the sun’s rays, but also your strands! What’s more? An easy (and cute!) baseball cap like this floral L.A. Dodgers one can keep your strands tame and out of your face! Throw in a braid, slap this on, and you’re set.
4. A Shower Cap – Before you get all “shower caps are plastic, sticky, and annoying” on us, listen up. The Shhhowercap is a chic turban-like take on that old for-perms plastic cap that will change your life. No one wants to wash and style their hair everyday. Especially when it’s 90 degrees outside and a blow dryer is the last thing you want to turn on. So, protect your do the right way with this easy (and cute!) option.
5. Olaplex Hair Perfector – We wouldn’t make it through all the heat, salt, and humidity without this hair lifesaver! It repairs and strengthens damaged hair and is, dare we say, the best treatment mask we have ever tried. As color junkies, salt water swimmers, and curling iron addicts, this is the product that makes up for all the havoc we wreak on our locks!
6. HUM Nutrition Red Carpet – Nourish your strands from the inside out with this all-around beauty supplement. With continued use, your hair will be fuller and shinier and your skin will glow! Plus, these pills are made up of all natural ingredients. Please, and thank you.
7. Ouai Sun of a Beach Ombré Spray – Remember the days when we used Sun-In? Just us? We didn’t think so. Well, forget all your terrible memories of orange hued hair post-beach and pick up a bottle of this stuff! Ouai’s newest product (we love them all!) will give you those naturally sunkissed highlights (the ones you are actually going for) with just a few spritz of this heat activated spray. It gradually brightens and lightens while nourishing and hydrating your hair. How fun is that?!
8. Silk Pillowcase – If you haven’t heard, sleeping on a silk pillowcase will do wonders for both you hair and skin. And people, this is not a ploy! It’s so much gentler than your typical cotton pillowcase, which can be abrasive. We spend much of our lives asleep, so we best be treating ourselves nicely while we do! Swap out your pillowcase and avoid unnecessary breakage – your strands will thank you.
And if your hair still feels all around dull and drab, try a fresh new cut!