We love having friends over for impromptu get togethers, be it a game night, backyard BBQ, or a bottle of wine and The Bachelorette ;). However, when we send out a last minute text or get a call from a BFF an hour before, we aren’t always prepared. So, we recruited event planner and entertaining expert Gina, of Gina Wade Creative, to share a few pantry staples to have on hand for easy entertaining on our lifestyle blog today. Stock up on these items so you will always be ready for a fun evening with friends.
1. Platters: Always have 2-3 platters on hand that you can quickly set out and use for entertaining.
2. A Chilled Bottle of White Wine & a Bottle of Red: It’s always nice to offer your guests a choice of wine. Make sure you have a bottle of each on hand and ready.
3. Frozen Hors d’Oeuvres: I always have a box of treats in my freezer that I can pop into the oven at a moment’s notice. Because they are frozen, they last much longer than things in my fridge that can go bad fast.
4. Fancy Glassware & a Pitcher: Even if you can only offer your guests iced water, it’s always nicer to present in a lovely pitcher with upscale glassware. Sometimes, a nicer presentation is all you need to take it up a notch!
5. Flowers or a Sprig Garnish: In a pinch, head into your own backyard to find a little garnish for the food you are offering. If flowers are in bloom, cut a few fresh stems and put them in a bud vase. If you only have greenery, pluck a few sprigs and use them for a garnish on your platters. It only takes 5 minutes and will add that little extra something to your display.
6. Candies: It’s always lovely to have something sweet for your guests. Just keep a bag of pre-wrapped candies in your pantry. Pop them open and serve them in a bowl. Voila!