Paper Cupcake Liners (2 sizes)
1. Layer 2 of the large cupcake liners on top of one another and flatten them.
2. Fold them in half.
3. Fold them in half again.
4. Fold them in half one more time. The resulting shape should look like this.
5. With scissors, round off the corners of the wide edge so that it is scalloped and looks like a petal.
6. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with 2 of the small cupcake liners.
7. With scissors, fringe (a.k.a. cut into, but not all the way through!) the open side of the liner. Make the length of each cut about halfway towards the center. Do not cut the folded side.
8. Open and flatten all 4 of the cupcake liners that you just cut. Layer the small liners on top of the large and rotate them so they are askew from one another.
9. Fold the stack of 4 cupcake liners in half and cut a very, very, very small slot into the center of the folded edge.
10. Unfold the cupcake liner stack and place one of the twinkle lights through the slot you just cut. It is ok if the slot is slightly smaller than the twinkle light – it should be snug so it stays on!
11. Once on the strand of lights, fluff the liners so that they have some dimension. Repeat steps 1 through 11 for the rest of the lights on the strand.
12. Hang the finished garland and plug in the strand of lights! Buon divertimento!