The temperature is changing and those cozy, candle-lit pumpkin vibes are definitely starting to set in! When the leaves start falling we always love whipping up some new creations in the kitchen. This time, we had our fur babies in mind when we decided to pull a few of our favorite dog treat recipes for fall and put them to the test! Get ready for your pups to be drooling at your feet to get a taste!
Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Biscuits
Want to throw together a special something for your pup but don’t have much time? This recipe is so simple and easy! All you need are some dog biscuits, pure pumpkin, and small treats or cheerios to top them off. We used pumpkin spice cheerios, because we like to be #extra. It’s such a fun, festive way to (pumpkin) spice up those boring dog biscuits. Your BFF will thank you!
1 can of pure pumpkin
Bone shaped dog biscuits
Directions, inspired by Southernly Splendid
1. Lay out dog biscuits on a flat surface
2. Empty your can of pure pumpkin into a ziplock bag, and cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners so you can easily and accurately squeeze out the pumpkin.
3. Squeeze a layer of pumpkin on top of each dog bone.
4. Place cheerios (or your choice of small treats) on top!
No Bake Pumpkin Peanut Butter Treats
This recipe is so fun to make! Just throw together a few yummy ingredients, mix, and roll them up so you can reward your dog anytime just for being cute (we all do it). The best part about these is that you can make them the perfect size for your pup, big or small! These no bake treats also keep well in the refrigerator. Plus, you can feel good about feeding them to your dog because of the simple and pure ingredients. Did we mention the combination of peanut butter and pumpkin? Yum! Can we put that in human form please?!
1 ½ cups peanut butter
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 tbsp honey
2 cups oats
Directions, inspired by Crayons and Collars
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
2. Use your hands to roll into bit-sized balls, depending on the size of your dog
3. Store in the refrigerator or freezer
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Treats
You aren’t really fall obsessed until you’re using leaf-shaped cookie cutters! These treats take a little more time but are sure to make your kitchen smell like an apple cinnamon wonderland. Your fur baby will be giving you all the heart eyes for whipping up these baked goodies!
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup apple sauce
Directions, inspired by Pet Guide
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
3. Add apple sauce, egg, and honey to bowl
4. Knead dough with hands until firm, then roll out until it is ½ inch thick
5. Use cookie cutters to cut dough and place treats on cookie sheet
6. Cook in oven for 20 minutes
7. Remove from oven and let cool
8. Store in tupperware and keep in the refrigerator or freezer
What are your favorite homemade dog treat recipes?