Inspired by An Elegant Winter Wedding by Matthew Robbins + Giveaway
There are no words for this gleaming wedding by contributing editor and events designer, Matthew Robbins!! This gorgeous table setting was illuminated with soft tea light candles scattered all over and was balanced with twinkling lights hanging above. Matthew incorporated a black, white and green color palette with touches of pewter, grey and silver. We love the winter blooms in the bride’s bouquet and the table setting, which consisted of Amaryllis, Anemones, Camellia Foliage and Ranunculus! Doesn’t this look like the perfect and cozy winter wedding reception?!
Matthew shared some of his winter wedding tips with us below!:
- Remember to use seasonal materials such as the white amaryllis I used for the bride’s bouquet and the anemones and camelia foliage.
- White blooms are especially beautiful during the winter months and there are many wonderful options to choose from such as ranunculus, anemones and amaryllis.
- If you are worried about looking to “holiday” or “Christmas” stick to a simple, chic and elegant palette such as the one I used here featuring black, white and green tones with touches of pewter grey and silver. The touch of the softest blush pink also brought a romantic, unexpected accent to the color palette.
- Long tables create more of a fabulous “dinner party” atmosphere which is great anytime of year but especially cozy and welcoming for a winter wedding.
- To create a warm, glowing atmosphere in your reception space avoid lighting with too much color such as pink, blue, purple, etc.. and stick to a range of clean, warm white tones as we did here. When a space is very busy like this one I always prefer highlighting the architecture and the decor with clean white light. Remember white light can be ambient and romantic when you add a bit of warmth to the white tones. Imagine you are trying to light your entire space with candlelight… that’s the color and tone you want to aim for!
Also, Christmas came a little early!! We love Matthew’s work so much, that we are giving away a copy of his book! One lucky winner will receive a copy of Matthew Robbins’ Inspired Weddings… all you have to do is comment below!!
**Contest has ended! Congratulations to our winner, Cori Cook!
Be Prepared to Be Inspired…