Looking for a cute and thoughtful way to spread the love this Valentine’s Day? We’ve got just the thing on our lifestyle blog today! In Honor of Design created this special doughnut recipe that doubles as an adorable game – perfect for all your loved ones! Gift your friends with a sweet and edible tic tac toe set! Make a big batch and wrap them up (and keep a few too!) to make this Valentine’s Day extra sweet!
This is an easy biscuit/doughnut recipe that is stiff enough to use cookie cutters. You can avoid the frying pan and bake in the oven! With only 8 ingredients and 20 minutes to make, this is a recipe anyone can conquer!
5 c. Flour
1 c. Shortening
1 1.2 c. milk
2 tbls. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. sugar
3 TBLS. melted butter
Cinnamon and sugar (optional)
Cookie cutters – I picked up my cookie cutters in the baking section of Target
1) In a large mixing bowl sift together dry ingredients.
2) Using a pastry cutter (fork would be fine too!), blend in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Gradually add milk and stir with a fork until dough forms. Add more flour if needed to create a firm dough.
4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5) Spray a large baking sheet with shortening or butter.
6) Roll out dough on floured surface and start cutting out your shapes.
7) Place on baking sheet a few inches apart and brush with melted butter.
8) sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mix (optional) & gold sugar sprinkles. (Order yours online or baking supply store.)
9) Bake for 8-10 min.
Enjoy! Gift these wrapped in a gift box to your best girls or favorite guy, and maybe even with a glass of champagne;) Challenge them to a game of tic tac toe, and winner takes all! xoxo