If you’re staying local this weekend this is for you! Sometimes, when it seems like everyone is getting away, we feel a little like we aren’t taking full advantage of the long weekend. But, that doesn’t have to be the case. Have a Labor Day Weekend staycation! What’s that you say? Make the most of your hometown by planning fun and new activities. Code for: be a tourist in your own town! It’s also a great time to try something that you have always wanted to, or take a real vacation and relax. We hope you like our ideas, but whatever you do, we hope you enjoy the holiday weekend!
1. Be a tourist! Where would someone go on a visit to your town? Here in L.A. they may go see the Hollywood sign or take a tour of nearby celebrity homes. Both are great options, by the way!
2. Take a food tour. Los Angeles has dessert tours, neighborhood tours, and more that are a sure way to get your foodie fix.
5. Get outdoors and go on a local hike!
6. Take a day trip to a nearby town you’ve been wanting to visit. For us that’s Newport Beach or Malibu!
7. Check off a brunch spot you have been wanting to go to. Need some ideas? Here’s a list of our 25 favorites in the L.A. area.
13. Throw a pool party! Here are our ideas for how to make it extra fun and memorable.
14. Or hit up a local hotel for their poolside amenities.
15. Check out a local vineyard or brewery and taste their latest grapes or suds!
Tell us your best staycation ideas – we want to know!