If you’re engaged, or soon will be, we’re about to help you navigate the road from the moment you said “Yes” to when you say “I do!” with some sound wedding planning advice! You’re welcome ;). These wedding planning tips from the pros will ease the stress that can come with planning the biggest day of your life. No pressure, right? That’s why we bring you wedding planner advice – they know what you’re in for and have both the wisdom and bedside manner to help you reach the altar looking and feeling your very best.
2. Celebrate! Being engaged is an exciting season all on its own. Take advantage of all the joy and create an opportunity for your friends and family to give congratulations. Trust us, people will want to celebrate you! These engagement invitations are a sure way to kick things off on the right foot. Whether you plan to simply announce your engagement, or invite everyone to a big party (we recommend the latter!) sending out a note or invitation is a must.
Photo via Paperlust
3. Stay Organized. There is a lot to keep track of for your special day, and being organized makes all the difference. Create a binder and keep everything in there: receipts, inspiration boards, contracts, etc. – Couture Events
4. Hire someone! “Between work, life, friends, and everything else you have going on, it’s okay to ask for help to do some of the (many) tasks on your plate!” – All You Need is Love Events
5. Be Well Manicured. Yes, we’re actually talking about your nails! Everyone will want to take a peek at that new bling, so pick a pretty bridal color and hit the nail salon! We love Kelly, AILA’s deep nude lacquer, or the ethereal shade of Blue Lagoon. Not to mention all of the events and photo-ops that you will want to ensure your nails are ready for.
7. Be realistic when wedding dress shopping. Think about what you want to do in your wedding dress – dance, hug, sit, jump, etc – and then make sure you try doing those things before making the final decision on which gown to buy. Don’t miss out on the dress of your dreams – plan ahead and order as early as possible, 6-12 months before your wedding date is ideal. – Celia Grace
8. Think About Your Guests. What ambiance do you want to create for your guests? While this may be your special day you cannot forget about your friends and family who have traveled and spent their time to come celebrate with you. – Couture Events
9. Be Creative! Finally, feel free to let your personality as a couple and individuals shine! Couture Events says, “Whatever you are dreaming: it can happen! Do something different, think outside of the box, and make sure that every detail has you in it.”