If you’re engaged, or soon will be, we’re about to help you navigate the road from the moment you said “Yes” to when you say “I do!” These wedding planning tips from the pros will ease the stress that can come with planning (one of) the biggest day of your life – no pressure :).
Be Creative: Whatever you are dreaming: it can happen! Do something different, think outside of the box, and make sure that every detail has you in it.
Stay Organized: There is a lot to keep track of for your special day and being organized makes all the difference. Create a binder and keep everything in there: receipts, inspiration boards, contracts, etc.
Enjoy Your Day: From Beginning to End Our motto is, “Keep Calm and Carry On.” Don’t let the wedding get the best of you, don’t get stressed out over the little details- ENJOY the planning process. A big trick to this is to hire vendors you trust!
1. Hire someone! Between work, life, friends, and everything else you have going on,it’s okay to ask for help to do some of the (many) tasks on your plate!
2. You don’t HAVE to allow plus 1’s. We always tell our clients, would you invite this person over for a dinner in your home that costs you over $350 per person? If not, don’t feel bad not inviting them to your wedding.
Be authentic to you, your fiancé, and your relationship. If you’re not the white dress kind of gal, don’t wear the white dress. Incorporate traditions and formalities that are important to you to ensure your wedding reflects your unique relationship and personalities.
3. Get ready in great light! Instead of a stuffy, neon lit hotel room, try to find a bright lit Air B&B or large suite facing the sun. Natural light is crucial for mastering a makeup look.
2. Consider wearing a reception dress. Many brides love having an outfit change mid-way through the reception so they feel more comfortable and can dance the night away!
1. Think about what you want to do in your wedding dress – dance, hug, sit, jump!, etc – and then make sure you try doing those things before making the final decision on which gown to buy.
3. Consider two looks in one dress for your wedding: look for convertible dresses that can be worn long or short.