When it comes to travel, you can never have too many tips and tricks! We have given you our favorite luggage pieces, must have carry-on items and how to prepare for international travel, and today we bring you some of the best tips to pack more efficiently! For those of you who are like us and tend to overpack on almost all of our travel ventures, you won’t want to miss these great hacks! Without further ado, here are 7 key tips on how to pack efficiently and avoid bringing everything and the kitchen sink!
1. Research your travel destination ahead of time. Spend about 30 minutes (or more!) checking out your travel destination before you depart. Think about the weather and the activities you’ll be doing. By checking out the weather the pre-planning will help you reduce the number of unnecessary items that you pack! Once you get everything figured out you should make a packing list of things you will need before you actually begin the packing process.
2. Invest in packing cubes. To make your life even easier, we suggest purchasing some packing cubes that will make it easy to fit everything in your suitcase and divide up certain articles of clothing. We love these super cute packing cubes from CALPAK!
3. Keep your chargers neat and confined. By putting your chargers or other cables in a sunglass case you are saving room and keeping the wires from getting all tangled! We also suggest bringing portable chargers and smaller cords if possible to take up less room.
4. Keep necessities in your carry on. This will save space in your suitcase, and come in handy if you get stuck with travel delays. Keeping important items close by is also a smart rule of thumb in case you have complications with your main luggage. Which brings us to our next tip…
5. Use travel size bottles for your liquids and certain cosmetics. These bottles will help you if you decide to put those items in your carry on to create more space in your luggage and toiletry bag. Is it just us, or are your toiletry bags always overflowing!? Small bottles are life savers!
6. Bring clothes you can layer of the same color palette so you can mix and match for any weather without bringing your entire wardrobe. We love Live Love Sara’s capsule packing lists! You can also throw in dryer sheets in between your clothes to keep everything smelling fresh!
7. Wrap your shoes in shower caps. This will keep the soles of your shoes from getting your clean clothes dirty! Another good shoe hack is to put socks in your shoes to help them maintain their shape and save a little space. Finally, when packing shoes (or anything) just think of it as a game of Tetris!
Where are you going next?