We must admit, we have it pretty good when it comes to California winters. Unlike most of the country, we don’t have to bundle up too much to face the colder months. But that doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate the winter fashion. In fact, it’s one of our favorite seasons to dress for! Can it get any better than beanies, boots and fabulous scarves? We think not! We’ve rounded up the 15 wardrobe essentials for winter you *NEED* to brave the drop in temps and look good while doing so!
Photo via Hello Fashion Blog
1. OTK Boots: These have been a huge trend lately. The ‘over-the-knee’ look is chic and even elongates and slims your legs. We’re definitely a fan!
2. Blanket Scarf: If you’re like us and have a hard time getting out of your warm bed during winter, a blanket scarf will be your best friend. It keeps you cozy all day long and is a great addition to any outfit.
3. Vest: Us California girls LOVE vests. It’s perfect for those not-so-cold days but still keeps you comfy and cute. We love pairing them with a simple long sleeve t-shirt dress or flannel.
4. Leggings: Leggings are a must have during the winter. Especially once the holiday pounds sneak up on us. (oops) We’re all about being comfortable and a pair of thick and flattering leggings are our go-to most days.
5. Beanie: For those bad hair days, a beanie is the best trick. With so many cute options out there, no one will have any idea you’re trying to tame the mane.
6. Sweater Dress: A cute sweater dress is a no-brainer outfit for all of your winter festivities. We love pairing this piece with black tights and booties!
7. Booties: Speaking of booties…these babies are a must for the winter months. No one wants their feet to freeze in heels, which makes booties the perfect fashion compromise.
8. Neutral Sophisticated Coat: Elevate your outerwear game and have an Olivia Pope moment with a neutral-toned wool coat. Double-breasted or wrap coats in grey, camel or black are our current fave. Not to mention, they’ll upgrade your outfits instantly!
9. Button Front Skirt: This 70s trend is making a major comeback and we’re not complaining. The A-line silhouette looks great in suede or denim and can be dressed up or down!
10. Chic Jumpsuit: If you’re looking to make a major fashion statement this season, invest in a chic jumpsuit. This look is ideal for a work holiday party!
11. Leather or Suede Moto Jacket: If you haven’t noticed, leather and suede jackets are trending. They’re versatile and add a little something to any casual outfit.
13. Turtleneck Top: We’re all about this cozy winter layer essential. They come in all different styles, colors and fabrics, making them super versatile and easy to incorporate into your wardrobe!
14. Comfy Cardigan: We must admit that we live in comfy, oversized cardigans during the colder months. This is an essential layer for your winter outfits.
14. Boot Socks: Winter wouldn’t be complete without some fuzzy, warm, boot socks. If you want to take your boot game to the next level, get socks that have cute ruffles to peek out over the top.
15. Tights: Patterned or solid, tights are a great winter wardrobe accessory for when you want to pull out your skirts without freezing.