Have you guys heard of The Inspiralizer?? It’s incredible. This is the perfect way to take your veggies to the next level by shredding them into noodles – we think it even makes them more delicious! Ali created the “Inspiralized” cookbook full of yummy recipes using the Inspiralizer! Head on over to our Instagram today to win a copy of the cookbook! This Kale Ceasar salad is one from her blog, that we are majorly drooling over. With spiced roasted chickpeas and a vegan Ceasar dressing on top it’s not your typical Ceasar salad. Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
For the salad:
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled, Blade C
salt and pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
3 packed cups chopped kale
For the dressing:
1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 large cloves garlic
1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
For the chickpeas:
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt and whisk together. Add in the chickpeas, toss to coat, and then drizzle with the olive oil. Toss again to mix. Place the chickpeas out evenly over a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and bake 30-35 minutes or until crisp, shaking the pan half way through.
- Twenty minutes into baking the chickpeas, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cover and cook, uncovering occasionally to toss, for 5-7 minutes or until sweet potato noodles are cooked through. Set aside in a large bowl when done.
- While the sweet potato noodles cook, place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a high speed blender and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust (more tang? more lemon! more spice? more pepper! more flavor? more dijon!) Set aside.
- When sweet potato noodles are done, wipe the skillet clean. Coat with cooking spray and add in the kale. Sautee for 3 minutes or until the kale is warmed up and slightly wilted, seasoning lightly with pepper and add to the large bowl with the sweet potato noodles.
- When the chickpeas are done roasting, prepare the salad. Pour the Caesar dressing over the kale and sweet potato noodles and toss to combine thoroughly. Portion onto four plates and top with spiced chickpeas. Serve immediately.
Get the insider tips on creating the magical salad straight from Ali and watch the how-to video below!