This take on a Chinese food cult classic is all of the delicious-ness with none of the guilt. Chinese food is on of our feel-good favorites, so we’re pretty glad Kelly LeVeque of Be Well by Kelly whipped up a broccolini beef recipe that we can feel good about. Coming in (a close) second to the flavor, is the easy prep-work. 5 steps keep this meal at under 20 minutes. Now, that’s a dinner we can get on board for. Kelly also makes a mean salmon wrap. Yum.
8oz grass fed steak thinly sliced and salted
8-10 broccolini stalks
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 coconut oil
4 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Serving: 2 meals
Tip: Frozen steaks are easy to slice and defrost very quickly.
1. In a large fry pan, add water to halfway point. Add broccolini and bring water to a rolling boil for 6 min. Remove broccolini, set aside and drain pan.
2. In the same pan add coconut oil, ginger and garlic stir on medium heat for 2 minutes.
3. Bring to medium high heat and add thinly sliced salted steak. Quickly sauté steak 3 -4 minutes.
4. Bring to low heat add coconut aminos and blanched broccolini.
5. Serve warm and garnish with sesame and chives.