Dinner and a movie is great when the weather’s cool but Spring & Summer nights make us want to spend all our time outside! Signature summer activities also make for great dates, so slip into some cutoffs and grab your crush or beau because you’ll want to do all these fun outdoor date ideas!
Photo by Finding Light Photography
1. Adopt a Dog – Well not actually…but you can play with one for the day! Head to your local animal shelter and volunteer to take a dog out to play or on a walk! It’s a great way to get some fresh air and get your dog fix without actually committing to adoption.
2. Surf Lesson – Try something new together! And what could be more perfect this summer than spending a day at the beach in the ocean?
3. Hike to Picnic – While both a hike and a picnic are great date ideas on their own, together they make for an even more fun (and more romantic!) date. Go at sunset for optimal atmosphere and bring along a bottle of wine and plenty of cheese and crackers to enjoy once you’ve reached the best lookout!
4. Play Tennis – Grab your rackets (or rent them) and hit the courts! Not only do you get outside, but you get active as well. Plus, it’s never a bad idea to pick up tennis if you haven’t before. The lifetime sport never grows old – even if you and your boo do ;).
5. Hit an Outdoor Movie – Whether you’re in an area where there are drive-ins, poolside, or rooftop movie theaters, odds are there’s a local outdoor spot to catch a film. Check out your city’s parks and beaches too as they often show classic films throughout the summer months. Can’t find one near you? String up a sheet and project a film in the backyard!
6. Camp in the Backyard – Speaking of backyard dates, you can create a faux camp atmosphere with this Datebox! Whip up some s’mores and sip hot cocoa out of the cute mugs in the Adventure Box. It also includes a candle making kit and a Redbox code for even more activitites! Hey, you can even pitch a tent to heighten the experience.
Photo by Brett & Jessica Photography
7. Tandem Bike – Biking around on a tandem bike is not only fun, but will test your teamwork! Beach cities often have plenty of places to rent one and take it up and down the boardwalk.
8. Wine Taste – You may be surprised at how many vineyards are within driving distance to your town. For us Los Angelenos, Santa Barbara and Temecula offer plenty of beautiful spots to sit in the sun and sip some wine. If you can’t find a vineyard, head to a nearby tasting room, where there’s bound to be a fun patio to taste some piñot.
9. Mini Golf – One of the most classic date ideas to test your partner’s competitive gene, a game of miniature golf is always a good idea. Many places offer plenty of other carnival like games or go-kart rides to hit once you’ve mastered the course.
10. The Fair – Outdoor fun & games can be found at more than just the miniature golf course during the summer. Check your local county fair for dates and get tickets for two to the ferris wheel! Most county fairs also show plenty of fun concerts that give you admission to the fair for the ultimate date.