Everyday you are just so busy, but what did you do that day?
You sent out 50 emails, but another 50 came in. It feels like you can never get ahead.
Remember that the day shouldn’t just happen to you. Don’t go to work to re-actively manage emails, phone calls, and crises.
Instead, put a game plan in place to proactively manage your day.
Here are 10 steps to having the best work day ever. You know.. the kind that helps you land a feature, book new business, and make you feel like you’ve conquered the world!!
Let’s set your schedule! You don’t have to do these 10 steps in this order; customize it each day to what works for you and be sure to plan so you can get things done without distractions.
1. Get It Together: Have everything you need in one place to make this day happen. Charged up digital devices, (do not forget your chargers at home people- especially if you are working remotely) notebooks and all the supplies and crafts you need for the day.
2. Fuel Up: Coffee, breakfast, lunch, and snacks. You need to be prepared to eat, because low blood sugar is a serious problem. Don’t get “hangry” on your clients or your staff. Plus a quick run to get food can equal to time lost.
4. Can You Hear Me Now: Reach out now to return those missed calls and text who you need to respond to. This is the time, but try to make your phone time count. Short and sweet is what I say.
5. Get Social: Social media can be one of the most impactful ways to network and build your business. From Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and yes even Google+, get it all done at the same time and do it fast. (For more social media tips, read my past post on social media for businesses here)
6. Take It To the Next Level: You need to set aside time daily to put in motion the bigger and better. You can’t take your business to the next level if you don’t actually make time to do that. Connect with new business, media and brands. You won’t know until you try.
7. Pow Wow: You know you usually talk to your team and re-actively answer questions throughout the day, but to be more efficient with your time, set aside a period for question and answer. Give the direction on their to do’s and have them move on.
8. Stretch Your Legs: You can’t skimp on this. You need to clear your mind, Get some Vitamin D, and take a breather outside. It gets your re-inspired to take on the rest of the day and the blood flow will re-boost your energy.
9. Face To Face: In person meetings can often times make more of an impact than an email. The key is don’t let your meetings last for hours on end. Give each meeting a deadline.
10. Meet and Greet: Make time for that industry party or event. You need that face to face time with peers and new business colleagues. It’s more productive to sit with them face to face than it is to connect with them from behind a screen.
For more tips like these and to learn how to take your business to the next level, reach out about my business consulting program. Can’t wait to connect with you!