“Some people dream of success…others stay awake to achieve it” -unknown
I am a firm believer of you get what you give. I learned this to be true when I decided to start my own business- something that had not been done before. As I began this adventure, many people were skeptical of my idea of a public relations firm specifically dedicated to weddings and special events. I heard a lot of “no’s” and had countless unreturned emails. But, you have to work to achieve success…so that’s what I did. I was proactive! I did not wait for the perfect opportunity to fall into my lap; I created my own perfect opportunity. Success is awarded to those who work for it…and it is never too late to work for it! Here are 5 ways to create your own success:
- Decide to do it: Whether you want to get your business degree or start your own company- the first step to achieving success is to decide that you are going to achieve it! Going in with confidence and a positive outlook will make taking the necessary steps that much easier. Starting is always the hardest part, but once you do-commit to it!
- Get the education you need: Educate yourself on what you need to know. Whether that means getting a degree or just doing your research, be knowledgeable about your goal and how to succeed in whatever field you are looking at. My college education really prepared me for my business and opened the doors for my path to success.
- Keep your goal in sight: When obstacles present themselves and self doubt begins to creep up on you, remember your goal and why you began in the first place. The challenges I faced while creating my business made me that much stronger in my quest to succeed. Take a moment and look back on what you have already accomplished and refocus yourself on your purpose.
- There is more than one path to where you want to go: Be flexible. If one plan doesn’t work, find another way. There are many different paths to end up where you want to be and you never know what opportunities you may run into on your way.
- It’s never too late to start: If you want to make a change- do it! It is never too late to work towards your dream. Start from wherever you are and don’t worry about anything else!
Success to me is seeing your passion and hard-work come to fruition. Seeing what you put so much time and effort into accomplishing make an impact on those around you and overcoming the struggles and risks it took to get there having learned from them.
There are many steps I took towards my successes as a business owner. My love for weddings and desire to empower small businesses is what fueled me to achieve my goal. Make sure you are working towards something that you are extremely passionate about because that excitement is what will keep you focused and motivated on your path to success! My final tip is to be nice and respectful to everyone you encounter as you work towards your success. Everyone deserves to be treated kindly and you never know where your next opportunity is going to come from. Integrity and being good to people is the foundation of my business, which I believe to be a main contributor in our success!
This post brought to you by Strayer University. The content and opinions expressed are that of Inspired By This.