When it comes to beach essentials, there’s the obvious sunscreen, towel, sun hat and a great book or playlist. But recently, we’ve decided to add one more thing to the list – podcasts! We are big fans of podcasts here at IBT HQ, because let’s face it, anything that provides entertainment and allows for multitasking is a #win for us! While music and a book are great, sometimes we need something a little more substantial. Whether you’re a true crime fanatic, a pop culture enthusiast, or just looking for a little inspiration, there’s a podcast for everyone. So grab your phone, download your faves and start with these binge-worthy podcasts to stream at the beach!
Photo via Southern Curls and Pearls
1. Help Me Be Me: Let’s be real, life isn’t always easy! Each episode, Help Me Be Me focuses on a different emotional challenge and provides quick tips and practical tools to navigate the most troubling waters. Basically, it’ll help you be awesome at being yourself!
2. The Lively Show: When you’re in need of a little pick me up, this is for you! The Lively Show leaves you feeling uplifted and inspired. Each week Jess Lively touches on how we can live more intentionally through our relationships, careers and personal habits.
3. Girlboss Radio: Obviously from the title, this one is for all of the #girlbosses out there! Sophia Amoruso of Nasty Gal, interviews world-class girlbosses from all different walks of life and industries. You’ll get an inside look and unique insight into their experiences!
4. Stuff You Should Know: If you’ve ever had a random thought about how something works, it’s likely this podcast answers it! This interesting and informative podcast fills you in on everything you’ve ever wanted to know.
5. Anna Farris Is Unqualified: Dear Abby meets Hollywood in this entertaining and light-hearted podcast. Each week Anna Farris invites one or two of her celebrity friends to give not-so-great (and very unqualified) life advice to her callers!
6. Up and Vanished: If you’re a fan of true crime, look no further! This series investigates the unsolved disappearance of Georgia beauty queen and high school teacher, Tara Grinstead. Follow along as host, Payne Lindsey examines this 11-year-old cold case. Beware, it’s binge-worthy!
7. My Favorite Murder: Hosts Karen and Georgia bring the comedy to true crime. Every week, these ladies dissect and debate infamous murders. The playful banter and unusual spin on the dark matter is surprisingly delightful and makes it feel like a conversation you would have with your best girls!
8. Convicted: Another true-crime goodie narrated by Brooke Gittings explores the story of Richard Nicholas, convicted of murdering his 2-year-old daughter. Similar to the famous and addictive “Serial,” Nicholas believes he’s been wrongfully convicted.
9. Reply All: A podcast that reports on all of the fascinating, weird and newsworthy happenings of the internet! You’ll easily get addicted to the compelling and interesting stories that aren’t covered anywhere else.
10. Reality Steve: This is a must for all of you Bachelor fans! Reality Steve’s podcast will give you the inside scoop on all things Bachelor Nation. Each week he’ll talk about each episode, answer emails and even interview former contestants for juicy gossip!
11. Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe: It’s hard not to love Kaitlyn Bristowe, former Bachelorette and wine-lover. Her vibrant and light-hearted podcast is quickly becoming a hit. Guests like her fiancé Shawn B., and the infamous #Speidi make this podcast entertaining, hilarious and a perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Let us know your favorite podcasts in the comments!