Who doesn’t love to try something new in the kitchen?! We’ve teamed up with Urban Palate to bring you a new series: Foodie Friday! Hosting a dinner party? Throwing a baby or bridal shower? Or maybe you’re just looking to spice up family dinner tonight? We’ll be sharing some amazing (and surprisingly easy!) recipes for you to try out on your own!
Today we’re sharing a fun little video that Wade Koch put together of their recent collaboration with Leah from Freutcake. How delicious does a fig and lavender honey crostini sound?! And they make it look so easy!
Be Prepared to Be Inspired…
Fig & Lavender Honey Crostinis from Wade! on Vimeo.
Fig & Lavender Honey Crostini (recipe by Urban Palate)
1 tbsp. lavender
1 cup honey
¼ lb. gorgonzola
8 oz. mascarpone
8-10 figs (preferably fresh but can be dried)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Infuse 1 tbsp. lavender in 1 cup of honey in a small sauce pan over low heat for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Let ¼ lb. gorgonzola come to room temperature. Mix gorgonzola with 8 oz. mascarpone.
3. Cut 8-10 figs and set aside
4. Cut 10 small pieces of bread. Toss it with olive oil, salt & pepper and place on grill.
5. Top the crostini with mascarpone, fig, a drizzle with lavender honey and a sprig of fresh mint.